This is the website of Audi-Lab Hearing Specialists Ltd (“Audi-Lab”). We respect your right to privacy.
Privacy & Data Protection
Audi-Lab fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to Audi-Lab will be treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of additional features or services. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
Who are we?
We are Audi-Lab Hearing Specialist Limited. We are a hearing healthcare company which has been providing quality hearing aids and hearing care since 1997.
To find out how to contact us, check out our contact us page
What information do we collect?
We collect or receive the following types of personal information:
- Order and delivery details: such as your name, address, email address, phone number or phone number;
- Newsletter and direct marketing details: newsletter and direct marketing subscription choices, email address, mobile phone number or postal address;
- Information when you contact us: such as name, email address or telephone number;
- Technical information: such as IP address and browser information;
- Information received from cookies: see our below for more information;
- Business partners: in certain circumstances, we may receive your personal information from our business partners.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we collect and receive for the following purposes:
To provide the Services– for example we will use the information you provide to make sure you receive the product you have requested and to process billing. We may also use the technical information we receive to identify and correct issues.
To contact you – we may use your contact details to contact you with service announcements, such as to confirm your order. In addition, we may use your contact details to send you promotional messages (in accordance with applicable laws). You can change your preferences around promotional messages at any time, but we reserve the right to contact you in connection to service-related issues.
To improve our services – we may use certain information received to develop insights into how our services are used. For example, it helps us understand the products that people like and dislike. This allows us to continually improve our Site and to serve you better. This may involve providing you with customised content or options.
Security and preventing fraud – we may use your information to keep our systems and users safe.
For general web-browsing certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top-level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. This information may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the “book your appointment” page or any other area where you may send e-mails, request brochures/proposals or provide feedback. You may also choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail, postal address or other contact details) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. We use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your query, booking your appointment, sending you updates, e-zines or other news items for which you have signed up).
- For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request
- A copy of data we hold about you (Right of Access)
- That any error in data we hold about you is corrected (Right of Rectification)
- That data we hold about you be erased unless we have a countervailing interest or legal obligation to retain it (Right of Erasure)
- That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose (Right to Restrict processing)
- A copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form to enable you to reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (Right of Data Portability)
We will accede to any such valid requests within 30 calendar days of the receipt of a valid request in writing.
Please send all requests in writing to Data Protection Manager, Audi-Lab, 1 Hilltop Shopping Centre, Raheny Road, Raheny, Dublin 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information with third parties other than as set out in this Policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Consent: We will share your information with a third party where you have allowed us to do so.
- Business [Transfer]: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
Where we store personal information
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
Audi-Lab retains personal data about individuals for a range of periods. The basis for our retention periods is based on our contractual obligations.
We commit to not keeping personal data for longer than is necessary and review records on an annual basis.
This cookies policy describes how Audi-Lab’s use “cookies” and other similar technologies, such as pixels and tags, in connection with our website (www.audi-lab.com).
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that is placed on your computer or other devices. Cookies enable our systems to recognize your device. Such recognition is necessary to for the efficient operation of our site.
A number of features of our services may not work or will be curtailed from working effectively without cookies. As a result, changing your browser settings to reject cookies may have a negative impact on your ability to use our website.
What types of cookies are used on Audi-Lab’s website?
We use both “session” and “persistent” cookies.
A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our site. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our services.
A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time.
Why are cookies used by Audi-Lab?
- Advertising – we use advertising tracking technologies from Doubleclick which may present you with advertisements when you visit other sites.
Who drops cookies when I use Audi-Lab’s website?
Many of the cookies dropped when you use our services are “first party cookies” (meaning cookies placed and read by Audi-Lab directly).
How do I contact Audi-Lab to learn more?
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal notice and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Delay or failure on our part in enforcing any of our rights shall not constitute a waiver by us of our rights and remedies. If any part of this Privacy Notice is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder will not be affected.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our practices relating to the website or your dealings with the website you can contact us at email@example.com
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 25 May 2018.